Work on iconic London shopping centre has been delayed by six months.
The redevelopment will now start in January 2019 which will push back the completion of the project from September 2022 to March 2023. The delay is said to be caused by complications with compulsory purchase orders for the site.
As part of a larger £4.5 regeneration the main elements of the redevelopment are:
- Up to 150 new retail stores
- Hotel accommodation, a cinema and 50 new restaurants
- Relocation and expansion of the bus station
- New affordable homes
- Improvement of public spaces
- A town square aimed at being a hub for leisure activities